



Web Link - Pavement Picasso
This website is a gallery of work by Pavement Artist Julian Beever who creates 3D chalk drawings on pavements. The reason I took a liking to this was for multiple reasons, the first being that it reminded me of the work we saw during the Concept Studies module last year. The reason I liked Concept studies was because it made me appreciate the value of a good and original ideas. Although drawing on a pavement isn't anything new, what gives Beever's work originality is how they have been drawn to have a 3D effect depending on which angle you are looking from. This also allows a level of human interaction, people can almost become part of the drawings.
Another reason I like the work is because of the great detail Julian has gone to with his drawings. He really captures the look of textures, lighting and shading perfectly to almost give it a sense of realism, whilst at the same time, giving the drawings a cartoonish, fantasy like feel.
What I like most about his work is the individual concepts he has had to each design, that unique idea that allows a person to position themselves on a design and become part of it. I am hoping that I could use these influences in the future to help me develop my own ideas.
Another reason I like the work is because of the great detail Julian has gone to with his drawings. He really captures the look of textures, lighting and shading perfectly to almost give it a sense of realism, whilst at the same time, giving the drawings a cartoonish, fantasy like feel.
What I like most about his work is the individual concepts he has had to each design, that unique idea that allows a person to position themselves on a design and become part of it. I am hoping that I could use these influences in the future to help me develop my own ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment