Another visit during out trip to Barcelona was to The Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia, which is a massive Roman Catholic church, which Construction began in 1882 and it still uncompleted to this day. The visit involved getting a lift to the top of one of the towers, then making our way down, getting to view the different aspects of the building and landscapes.

What was incredible about the building is that the back was just as incredible as the front, if not more. The incredible detail used for the stone structures was impressive.

The building was also home to some beautiful statues. All statues were very cubic and curved, with each character having deep expressions on their faces. They reminded me of Picassos character work and cubist style.

On the entrance to the building was this fantastic typographical design. Certain words stand out more then others, which I am unsure whether this is due to fading over the years or was purposeful, but I can still imagine this style being used in a graphic design piece.

What was just as fascinating as the building was the construction work. The massive structures of piping and metal allowed me to take some great composition photographs, with beautiful line quality.


The landscape views were breathtaking. I like this one because the two main roads and horizon create a focal point in the image.

I decided to take a few images at an angle, which creates a feeling of unease.

These images are of perspective shots taken from inside the building. This first one I like because the different elements are nicely balanced into a composition.

These next two look almost unatural and have a dreamlike quality when a vision become distorted.


This image was my favourite. This is because I was able to use a window as a view point, which creates a lot of empty space. Inside the view point are some nice shapes and textures, with some type that isn't overloading the image.



What was incredible about the building is that the back was just as incredible as the front, if not more. The incredible detail used for the stone structures was impressive.

The building was also home to some beautiful statues. All statues were very cubic and curved, with each character having deep expressions on their faces. They reminded me of Picassos character work and cubist style.

On the entrance to the building was this fantastic typographical design. Certain words stand out more then others, which I am unsure whether this is due to fading over the years or was purposeful, but I can still imagine this style being used in a graphic design piece.

What was just as fascinating as the building was the construction work. The massive structures of piping and metal allowed me to take some great composition photographs, with beautiful line quality.


The landscape views were breathtaking. I like this one because the two main roads and horizon create a focal point in the image.

I decided to take a few images at an angle, which creates a feeling of unease.

These images are of perspective shots taken from inside the building. This first one I like because the different elements are nicely balanced into a composition.

These next two look almost unatural and have a dreamlike quality when a vision become distorted.


This image was my favourite. This is because I was able to use a window as a view point, which creates a lot of empty space. Inside the view point are some nice shapes and textures, with some type that isn't overloading the image.


No comments:
Post a Comment