Monday, 17 November 2008

Casa Milà



During the trip to Barcelona, we visited the Casa Mila. The Casa Mila is a building designed by the Catalan architect, Antoni Gaudi, built between 1906–1912. The first part of the tour was to view the interior rooms, which I didn't enjoy much. The beds, ornaments and rooms were off an old fashioned nature, which I have never been able to appreciate. I have always enjoyed interiors that were modern and simplistic.






One aspect of the interior that I did enjoy viewing was the child's room and seeing the old fashion toys and games. The first image here is of a Zoetrope, an early animation technique which is relevant to my moving image pathway. To spin the cylinder object and look thought the slits would create an effect of the character moving.






This chair design was a surprise to me. Everything I had seen so far was standard old fashioned furniture, where as this was the most unusual piece of furniture design which looked out of place with the rest of the house.




The building itself was a cylindrical shape, and the most impress qualities about this building. I was able to take some nice perspective images.






The most impressive element to this house by far was the roof, which homed different statues of Gaudi's work on top of staircases and archways. These abstract pieces and architecture had a puzzling effect on me. You could move in one direction, then be split into many other directions. For such a small area, it was quite easy to become lost.







From the top of the Casa Mila, I was able to get some shots of the Barcelona landscape. I like the first image here due to how insignificant the Cathedral has been made, yet to see it close up it is a gigantic structure.





No comments: