Friday, 24 April 2009

Coin Dominoes

WATCH FIRST BEFORE READING DESCRIPTION





This viral had me fooled. I got so entranced watching this amazing display of dominoes, which must have been incredibly difficult to set up considering pound coins are round object which are difficult to balance stably, that I forgot it was a viral when watching as there was no real adverting, so therefore when Vodaphone logo appeared at the end I was taken back and shocked. That definitely got my attention.

Because I enjoy 3D, my eye was drawn to this animation also -





There's nothing exactly special about the idea or quality of the animation or texturing, but it just started to fill my head with thoughts of what ideas could possibly be used,using a domino effect such as an advert with dominoes falling to create the image of the product. 3D animation for this idea would only be simple, and probably a lot quicker then someone doing it by hand.


2 comments:

Aaron Nicholas said...

WOW! I was hypnotized watching them pound coins. I didnt think it would be an advert at the end of it. A great of advert. Must of took a LONG time to make and im guessing was lots of mistakes in the making of it.

The 3D also looks quite good, but i prefer seeing things for real so i definitely enjoyed the live footage one more.

Adam Greenwood said...

Yeh the real footage does have more of a memorizing effect. I couldn't imagine having the patience to do that, it would drive me insane. One wrong move could ruin the whole process.