Friday, 24 April 2009

Studio Liddell



Studio Liddell is a Manchester based 3D design company that range from product design, to character design and architecture work. I am really disappointed with how this contact worked out.

I made attempts last year to get in contact via email with no success. Eventually I rang up and they said that if I was to send them a disk of my work they would be happy to take a look. But I never got any feedback.

I decided to try again this year. The reason I want to make contact with them is because I am impressed with the standard of their online portfolio. Although they are 3D based, they use it for a bit of everything. I especially love that they do a bit of character design. Examples of their work can be found on my Research report for Realism.

To get their attention this year, I began by giving them a call and asking about the chances of a visit. The man I spoke to was more then happy but told me to get in contact with his co-worker Ian to arrange the date. He gave me his email address and I sent out the email. I sent this same email about three times over the first few months of 2009 with no success so I decided to take a look at what I was writing. I decided that the introduction wasn't needed as my information is at the end of the email, so took that out to shorten it. Overall though I thought the content of the emails was friendly yet direct to the point. I eventually gave up making contact which is a real shame as I would really have liked to learn more about their work.



From: Adam Greenwood (adam_greenwood22@hotmail.com)
Sent: 14 January 2009 14:27:39
To: ian@studioliddell.com


Hi Ian,

My name is Adam Greenwood and currently I am studying a Multimedia Design degree at Stockport College.

I have recently become interested in working with 3D animation and I was wondering if it could be possible for me to be able to visit your company so that I can show you my portfolio and get some feedback and advise. I would very much appreciate this.

Thank you

Adam Greenwood
3rd Year Student
BA(HONS) Design and Visual Arts - Multimedia Design
Stockport College

From: Adam Greenwood (adam_greenwood22@hotmail.com)
Sent: 14 April 2009 20:17:26
To: Studio Liddell (ian@studioliddell.com)


Hi,

I have recently become interested in working with 3D animation and I was wondering if it could be possible for me to be able to visit your company so that I can show you my portfolio and get some feedback and advise. I would very much appreciate this.

Thank You,

Adam Greenwood
3rd Year Student
BA(HONS) Design and Visual Arts - Multimedia Design
Stockport College

No comments: