Web Link - Nico Di MattiaWhen I first saw this picture, I assumed that it was a still image from the Spiderman film. Then I was amazed to discover the whole picture had been created in Photoshop.
Nico Di Mattia is a Photoshop artist replicates film characters, actors and scenes using one tool, Photoshop. Some of his artwork is a Photoshop realism replica of an image, some pieces are caricature style approaches, but still have a realistic look to them.
I found his work incredible and must have required painstaking effort, but the problem with his work is that it lacks originality. Apart from the pieces that have a caricature element to them, they are still pretty much reproductions of Photographs. It would be nice to see him create some of his own characters.
Here are some videos of him building up his characters in Photoshop. Its amazing to see the detail he goes to so that he can produce these pieces of work. I would like to have a go a creating my own piece with these videos as a guide in the future in my own time as a personal project.
Nico Di Mattia is a Photoshop artist replicates film characters, actors and scenes using one tool, Photoshop. Some of his artwork is a Photoshop realism replica of an image, some pieces are caricature style approaches, but still have a realistic look to them.
I found his work incredible and must have required painstaking effort, but the problem with his work is that it lacks originality. Apart from the pieces that have a caricature element to them, they are still pretty much reproductions of Photographs. It would be nice to see him create some of his own characters.
Here are some videos of him building up his characters in Photoshop. Its amazing to see the detail he goes to so that he can produce these pieces of work. I would like to have a go a creating my own piece with these videos as a guide in the future in my own time as a personal project.
No comments:
Post a Comment